Short Code is a 5-digit number, easy to remember that allows incoming communication from unknown lead. It is a service used for customers, prospects and organization audience to contact the company. It is an interactive service between the customers and the company.
Short code is a tool used for marketing, and offering services through mobile phone. It has been proven as a success in the lead collection for marketing department.
Short code is set up per telekom network.
What are the uses?
- Enquire for more information from company services
- Register for a promotion or event
- Request a call-back
- Receive a mobile coupon or discount voucher
- Make a mobile SMS donation to charity
- Get customers feedback
- Request statements
- Register a vote or take part in a poll / survey
- Easy to remember and memorize
- Can be automated with systems to give instant and accurate replies to queries
- Has an instant return receipt on request.
- Lead Collection Tool: It increases collection of database whereby those who send the messages become potential clients.
- Auto Response: Due to the large number of people sending messages, responding to each one of them may be cumbersome; therefore auto response ensures all the recipients get feedback.
- Dedicated short code brings in more clients and ensures there is no loss of lead.
- Short code data can be imported or downloaded to the excel sheet and thereafter used for bulk SMS campaign.
Can be dedicated or shared short code
|Shared Short code (Safaricom)||Setting up||14,000|
|Dedicated Short Code (Safaricom)||Set up||30,000|